You know deep down in her soul she’s wish you’ll give her a homemade Valentine’s Day gift. It shows you took the time to make her something special rather than just making an online or impulse purchase at the store. You don’t have to go all Martha Stewart with this, as today’s DIY gift ideas are clearly mapped out so you can follow them step by step but still be a gift-giving hero to her.
Secret Pocket Pillow
Love letters left on the pillow are wonderfully romantic, but with this idea you can go one better. Using a few scraps of fabric and some basic sewing skills, you can create a bespoke made-for-the-job pillow featuring a sweet little heart pocket in which to slip those notes.
Valentine Sprinkle Jewelry
How cute is this sprinkle jewelry? Source some tiny heart-shaped bottles from a craft store or online, and then fill them with sprinkles, candy hearts, or even glitter before sealing them with the cork. Then with the clever use of wire, you can attach them to a chain for a wearably romantic gift.
DIY Instagram Coasters with Your Own Photos
Make a set of coasters that will be totally personal to her by following the steps in this guide. Using wood squares, printed photos, and Mod Podge, you can transfer the image directly onto the wood, and then all you need to do is seal it so that it’s water resistant.
Valentine's Day Heart & Map Print
This print will make a superb Valentine’s Day gift for her if she likes vintage themed artwork. Using Photoshop and the free downloadable templates, you can create a 2 or 3 map heart featuring locations that have meaning in your relationship, like home towns or the place you first met.
Heart-Shaped Love Poem
Poems have a special place in the ‘love hall of fame’, so check out this site and have it write one for you. Input just a few relevant words and the site will produce a touching verse or two, which you can print out as it is, or in a heart shape.
DIY Book Page Art
Printing onto book pages makes for great wall art, and this post will show you how easy it is. All you need is a page from her favorite book (buy an old copy, don’t deface hers!) and then print your chosen graphic straight onto it. Finally, frame for a beautiful finish.
Wire Heart Ring
Giving her a ring is one thing, but giving her a ring that you’ve made yourself is something else entirely! Made from copper wire, this dainty heart ring is deceptively easy to make, and needs just 5 inches of wire, pliers, emery board, and something round to shape it on.
Valentine's Day Carved Heart Initials in a Tree
Pyrography is the art of burning wood, and it’s perfect for this sweetly romantic gift idea. Wood slices are easy to find in most craft stores, and make the perfect base for you to sketch out your initials design, before burning it into the wood for a permanent and rustic look.
Valentine’s Day Dominoes
Super sweet and ideal as a Valentine’s date night activity, this set of Dominoes is easy to create. The wooden tiles can be sourced from a craft store, and then decorated with pink backgrounds and tiny paper hearts. You could also use stickers to make it even easier.
Valentine's Day Mason Jar Bouquets
Find a pretty jar or mug and turn it into a quirky vase, just like the one shown here. Make sure it’s attractive enough to be used again, and then fill it with beautiful fresh flowers. Finish the whole thing off with one of the free printable labels included.
Mini Bubblegum Machine Valentines
Put a nostalgic twist to your DIY Valentine’s Day gift this year by creating one or more of these adorable mini gumball machines. Made from clear fillable ornaments and paper cups, these ‘machines’ can be filled with colorful gumballs, and finished with a cute ‘I Chews You’ handwritten label.
Printable Friendship Bracelet Valentine
This gift idea is brilliant, because not only does it come with instructions on how to create these beautiful friendship bracelets, but it also includes a free printable presentation card on which to attach the jewelry. Patterned throughout with love hearts, they make the ideal Valentine’s gift.
Somebody Loaves You Valentine's Day Gift
Whether you’re cooking a sumptuous dinner for February 14th, or are planning an intimate picnic for two, this wrap will add a beautiful touch to the presentation. There are six designs to choose from, and each one can be printed onto a glassine bag for wrapping around a delicious, crusty loaf.
Remember, I Love You Hearts
This charming idea will remind her that you love her multiple times a day, week or even month! Place small paper or fabric hearts all over the house, and every time she finds one she can add it to the jar you give her, which you’ll have labelled with ‘Remember, I love You’.
Valentine's Day Mason Jar Bouquets
Make this set of four Mason Jar bouquets, and you will have a wonderfully rustic centerpiece if you’re wining and dining her at home. Decorated with burlap hearts and lacy doilies, each of the four jars bears one letter of ‘LOVE’, and can be filled with delightful doily flowers.
DIY Felt Heart Hand Warmers
Keep her hands warm and her heart warmer with this pair of sweet little hearts. Made from felt and hand stitched, these hearts are filled with rice and lavender (or the essential oil of your choice) and can be heated in the microwave so they stay nice and toasty.
Printable Love Potion Labels
Teetotallers will adore this simple idea, that turns ordinary water bottles into special Valentine’s themed ‘love potions’. Just print the label onto cardstock paper using a color printer, and then tape onto water bottles for a non-alcoholic touch of romance.
DIY Bath Tea
This bath tea is a wonderfully natural way to relax in the tub, and you can create your own with just a few simple ingredients. Epsom Salts will soothe tired muscles, while every dried flower you include adds its own special properties, like the relaxing lavender or the anti-inflammatory Calendula.
Spa Day in a Box
Give her the means to have a spa experience without leaving home by making her one of these delightful ‘spa day in a box’ gifts. Just choose a pretty box and fill it with pampering goodies such as face masks, bath salts, and even a few of her favorite chocolates.
Valentine's Day Pick-Up Line Cookies
Fortune cookies are always fun to open, so make a batch for your Valentine’s night dinner by following this recipe. Making them pink and dipping them in chocolate adds a romantic decadence, and you can fill them with sweet or saucy ‘fortunes’, depending on the mood.
DIY Valentine Banne
The bags in this guide come from the Dollar Store, but you could use any paper bags that fit your theme. By trimming them and threading them onto twine, you can create a lovely, whimsical banner for the big day, while the triangle shapes add a certain charm.
Valentine's Day Strawberry Sugar Scrub
If she likes and/or deserves some pampering, this strawberry sugar scrub makes the perfect DIY Valentine’s Day gift for her. Made with sugar, strawberries, and organic coconut oil, this vibrant scrub is easy to make, and will give her a taste of the summer that’s just around the corner.
Valentine's Day String Heart Banner
Choose your color scheme for this year’s day of love and use it to select the twines needed for this pretty DIY. Easy and absorbing to make, each cardboard heart is wrapped with twine until the whole thing is covered, and then strung together to create a beautiful banner or garland.
Valentine's Day Mason Jar
This gift can be as simple or as extravagant as you make it. Select a wide-mouth mason jar, and fill it with gifts she can use to pamper herself with. There are hints and tips in this guide if you’re stuck for ideas; there’s even a recipe for homemade sugar scrub
Hugs and Kisses Mason Jar Valentines
She can have all the smooches and cuddles she needs this Valentine’s Day, thanks to you and this sweet mason jar gift idea. Choose your jar and then fill it to the brim with Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses, and finish the jar off with some baker’s twine and the free printable label included.
DIY Leather Conversation Hearts
Leather comes in loads of colors, so choose a buttery soft one in her favorite shade, and turn it into one of these adorable keychains. Using an alphabet stamp set, spell out the message or initials you want to include, and then attach to a keychain with jump rings.
Diy Doodle Sneakers
This is such a simple idea, but it’s super cute and totally easy to make. Take a pair of white sneakers, and cover them in words of love, interspersed with little red hearts for a romantic, summery look. Of course, you can switch up the design and doodle whatever you like, instead.
Etched Valentines Day Glass
Recreate initials drawn on a steamy window or mirror by making her an etched glass this Valentine’s. Very easy to do, all you need is etching cream, a glass, letters, and a vinyl window cling in the shape of a heart. Taking just minutes to complete, it’s perfect for last minute gifts.
Mini Pallet Valentine's Day Art
If she’s into pallet projects, bring the look to the living room with this sweet little DIY project. Using wooden shims and paint, you can create a miniature pallet sign, just like the ombre example in this tutorial. You don’t even need a steady hand, as it’s meant to look rustic and cute.
Candy Bar Bouquet
Does she have a sweet tooth but you want to give her something a little more meaningful than a box of chocolates? Have a go at this cute candy bouquet. You can use the example here as inspiration, selecting all her favorite brands and finishing them off with a pretty red bow.
Date Night Jar
Make sure Date Night is never dull with this clever Date Night jar. The tutorial has loads of great ideas for activities, but you can also choose your own. Write them down on colored popsicle sticks, put them in a jar, and then attach a chalkboard label to tell her what it is.
Take any plain white ceramic ring dish and turn it into a one of a kind version that can be made by children and adults alike. Painted a pretty pink using tempera paints, the inside of the dish can be decorated with a fingerprint heart, and wrapped in cellophane with a pretty bow.
Homemade Valentine Bath Bombs
The jojoba oil in these homemade bath bombs will leave her skin luxuriously soft, while the essential oils will work on her senses and the Epsom salts will soothe aching muscles. Tinted pink with a drop of food coloring, these little heart-shaped bombs make an easy but thoughtful gift.
DIY Conversation Heart Treat Bags
If you’re giving her candy this year, add a cute, personalized touch with these DIY Conversation Hearts gift bags. Using plain kraft bags, you can attach pastel colored hearts (a free printable template is included), and stamp her name using red ink and a set of alphabet stamps.
DIY I Spy Valentines
If she’s an adult who likes childhood nostalgia, this pretty DIY idea makes a fabulous change to candy. Fill a clear glitter tube with Poly Pellets, then choose some sequin shapes to add in for her to find. Attach it to the free printable presentation card, and you’re done.
DIY Valentine Planters
This a sweet way to make cacti and succulents Valentine-ready this year. Use pink and white metal buckets for the planters, and add soil and plants before topping with a mix of white and pink spray-painted gravel. Finish off with one of the cute free printable tags included in the post.
Make sure she has hugs and kisses even when you’re not there with this sweet pair of pillows. Made from fleece fabric and stuffed with Polyfill, these pillows only need basic sewing skills to complete. Soft and cuddly, you could even choose the colors to complement her bedroom décor.
DIY Valentine’s Day Plates
Extend the Conversation Hearts theme to tableware with this fun DIY project. Using masking fluid allows your chosen message to show through once the rest of the glass bowl has been painted, and as soon as it has been sealed it is safe to use, and can even be hand washed.
DIY Etched Mason Jar Glasses
This tutorial shows you how to ‘etch’ an initial onto a glass jar, but you can add a personal touch to just about any glass item using the same technique. Etching cream, a brush, and a stencil are all that’s needed to create a wonderfully frosted look to her Valentine’s Day gift.
Baked with Love Gift Basket
If she’s a dab hand in the kitchen, take inspiration from this DIY idea and make up your own Baked With Love Gift Basket. Using themed mixing bowls as the basket, you can fill them with as many red, pink, or heart-shaped utensils and cutters as you can fit in.
DIY Etched Wooden Heart Keyrings
Buy some pre-drilled wooden hearts and get to work creating a stunning keychain for the love of your life. Using a wood burning tool, you can pyrograph your own design onto one or both sides of the heart, before attaching it to a metal ring so she can add it to her keys.
DIY Candy Box
Grab a craft box (the size depends on how much candy you want to give!) and fill each section with a different candy. Adding heart-shapes as well as sticking to a red and pink theme will make it instantly ‘Valentine’. Finish with the free printable label that comes with this tutorial.
DIY Valentine's Day Heart Dog Scarf
If the love of your life has four legs, make this adorable dog scarf to add some romance to walkies. Even the most creatively-challenged can create this gift as there’s no sewing involved, just cutting and ironing on the heat transfer vinyl white hearts.
I Like You a Bunchie, so Here's a Scrunchie Valentine
Whether she wears scrunchies for sport, leisure, or for keeping her hair back while she washes her face, these free printables will turn them into a great DIY Valentine’s Day gift for her. There are three different designs to choose from, and each one is just the right side of cheesy.
Printable Valentine's Candy Huggers
These candy huggers are totally adorable, and are the sweetest way to give candy this Valentine’s Day. Use kraft card stock or choose a pretty color, and print the templates before cutting them out. All that’s left to do then is to add candy, and glue dot the arms in place.
Love You to Pieces DIY Valentine Wreath
Put a different spin on Valentine’s decorations this year by creating this pretty wreath. It’s simple to make – there’s even a free printable template included – and is made up of pink, red, and white puzzle pieces, and a cute play on words to go across the middle.
Valentine's Day Floating Heart Wall Art
This cute wall art project can be as big or as small as you like; just choose your frame and get started! Cut shapes from colored card – mixing shades and patterns – and then attach them to twine inside the frame to give the illusion of colorful floating hearts.
DIY Faux Cross Stitch Socks
These socks are too cute, and will look great not only on February 14th, but any time she wears them afterwards. Take a plain pink pair and create a ‘cross stitch’ heart across the back using dimensional fabric paints; there is even a pattern for you to follow for free.
Simple Origami Heart Flower Bouquet
Follow the step by step guide to make origami flowers, and you will be able to give her a bouquet with all her favorite colors. Super easy when you know how, these flowers look stunning when presented in a painted mason jar vase, with the bonus that they’ll last forever.
DIY Valentine's Lace Throw Blanket
If you’re a dab hand with the sewing machine, you can create this beautifully delicate looking blanket that’s warm to snuggle under, too. Using lace and solid fabrics, the blanket needs just straightforward sewing before being edged with a dainty lace trim.
DIY Glittery Wooden Block Puzzle Valentine
This little puzzle looks so cute on a coffee table or bookshelf, and it can be changed every day to give a new color combination. Using four wooden blocks and six colors of glitter, this puzzle is really easy to make – the hardest part is waiting for each color to dry!
I Would SO Be Your Valentine Printable Tags
If her drink of choice is SOBE, give her a six pack of her favorite one, stylized with these free cute and funny labels. Wrap each bottle with Valentine’s themed wrapping paper, and then attach one ‘I would SO BE your Valentine’ label to each neck with baker’s twine.
DIY Pineapple Candles
Have a go at making your own candles by following the video in this blog post. Perfect for a adding a touch of the Tropics to any occasion, these pineapple candles not only smell like the golden fruit, but the jars are decorated to look like a pineapple, too.
Succulents make great houseplants because they look great and are easy to look after. This guide shows you how to create the sweetest love heart pots for Valentine’s Day and beyond.
If shoes are your girlfriend’s raison d’etre, fashion her a pair of these faux Alice and Olivia flats by painting tiny acrylic hearts all over a pair of plain, nude pumps.
Valentine’s Love Blocks
Wooden blocks don’t just make great toys, but they are also fantastic for craft projects – this tutorial shows you how to turn them into painted, distressed L.O.V.E blocks for a gorgeous rustic feel.
Heart Hand Warmers
Warm hands, warm heart will be her mantra when you give her a pair of these sweet hand warmers, which are incredibly easy to make but will mean the world to her.
Candy Heart Valentine Bouquet
If she loves flowers AND candy, this is the DIY Valentine’s Day gift for her! A hidden vase full of roses surrounded by delicious multi-colored candy hearts makes a stunning visual arrangement.
(You may also like: 100 Best Valentines Gifts for Her)
Other Gift Ideas
List100 Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her of 2021 – Romantic Ideas for WomenCustom jewelry, fine wine, cool gadgets, impressive electronics, handy appliances, personalized art…these are a few of the many cool, clever, fun, and incredibly unique suggestions on this list. The best gifts for your sweetheart start here.
List28 Expensive (And Thoughtful) Valentines Gifts for Her Over $200If she makes you feel giddy with love, then you need to get her something amazing for Valentine’s Day. With so much high quality stuff in one place, this list is the ultimate place to find her the perfect present.
108 Most Unique Valentines Gifts for Her of 2015Be the hero of the day with these top Valentine’s gifts for her. You don’t have to rack your brain wondering what to get her and if she’ll like it, just choose from these Valentine’s day gifts according to her unique style and taste.
100 Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her of 2014Giving the best Valentine’s Day gifts is less about the gift itself, and more about how you frame it and present it to her. Women aren’t looking to see if you spent enough, or if you got the perfect thing, they want to see that you care about them and put the proper amount of […]
Leave a Reply
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert and enthusiast, I have personal experiences or a physical presence to demonstrate expertise. However, I have been trained on a vast amount of data and information from various reliable sources. I can provide accurate and informative responses on a wide range of topics, including the concepts mentioned in this article.
This article discusses DIY Valentine's Day gift ideas. It provides a variety of creative and thoughtful gift suggestions for expressing love and affection on Valentine's Day. Some of the concepts mentioned in the article include:
- Secret Pocket Pillow: Create a pillow with a heart-shaped pocket for leaving love notes.
- Valentine Sprinkle Jewelry: Fill tiny heart-shaped bottles with sprinkles or candy hearts and attach them to a chain as wearable jewelry.
- DIY Instagram Coasters with Your Own Photos: Transfer printed photos onto wooden coasters using Mod Podge for a personalized touch.
- Valentine's Day Heart & Map Print: Create a vintage-themed artwork featuring a heart-shaped map with meaningful locations.
- DIY Book Page Art: Print graphics onto book pages and frame them for unique wall art.
- Wire Heart Ring: Make a dainty heart-shaped ring using copper wire and basic tools.
- Valentine's Day Carved Heart Initials in a Tree: Use pyrography to burn initials into wood slices for a rustic gift.
- Valentine’s Day Dominoes: Decorate wooden domino tiles with pink backgrounds and paper hearts for a Valentine's Day game.
- Valentine's Day Mason Jar Bouquets: Fill a pretty jar or mug with fresh flowers for a charming gift.
- Mini Bubblegum Machine Valentines: Create mini gumball machines using clear ornaments and paper cups, filled with colorful gumballs.
- Printable Friendship Bracelet Valentine: Make friendship bracelets and attach them to a printable presentation card.
- Somebody Loaves You Valentine's Day Gift: Wrap a crusty loaf with a glassine bag and printable wrap for a romantic touch.
- Remember, I Love You Hearts: Scatter paper or fabric hearts around the house and collect them in a jar.
- DIY Valentine's Day Heart & Map Print: Create a rustic centerpiece using mason jars filled with doily flowers and decorated with burlap hearts and lacy doilies.
- DIY Felt Heart Hand Warmers: Hand-stitch heart-shaped hand warmers filled with rice and lavender.
- Printable Love Potion Labels: Print labels for water bottles to create Valentine-themed "love potions."
- DIY Bath Tea: Create a natural bath tea using Epsom salts and dried flowers.
- Spa Day in a Box: Fill a pretty box with pampering goodies for a spa day at home.
- Valentine's Day Pick-Up Line Cookies: Bake fortune cookies with sweet or saucy "fortunes" for a fun Valentine's Day dinner.
- DIY Valentine Banner: Create a whimsical banner using paper bags and twine.
- Valentine's Day Strawberry Sugar Scrub: Make a homemade strawberry sugar scrub using simple ingredients.
- Valentine's Day String Heart Banner: Wrap cardboard hearts with twine to create a beautiful banner or garland.
- Valentine's Day Mason Jar: Fill a mason jar with gifts for pampering and self-care.
- Hugs and Kisses Mason Jar Valentines: Fill a mason jar with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses and add a printable label.
- DIY Leather Conversation Hearts: Create personalized keychains using leather hearts and alphabet stamps.
- Diy Doodle Sneakers: Customize white sneakers with doodles and words of love.
- Etched Valentines Day Glass: Use etching cream to create personalized glassware.
- Mini Pallet Valentine's Day Art: Create a miniature pallet sign using wooden shims and paint.
- Candy Bar Bouquet: Create a bouquet using candy bars and a pretty container.
- Date Night Jar: Write down date night ideas on popsicle sticks and store them in a jar.
- Fingerprint Heart: Decorate a ceramic ring dish with a fingerprint heart.
- Homemade Valentine Bath Bombs: Make homemade bath bombs using essential oils, Epsom salts, and other ingredients.
- DIY Conversation Heart Treat Bags: Decorate kraft bags with pastel-colored hearts and stamp personalized messages.
- DIY I Spy Valentines: Create a DIY I Spy game using clear glitter tubes and sequin shapes.
- DIY Valentine Planters: Use pink and white metal buckets for planters and fill them with cacti and succulents.
- XOXO Pillows: Make fleece pillows with XOXO designs using basic sewing skills.
- DIY Valentine's Day Plates: Use masking fluid to create personalized messages on glass bowls.
- DIY Etched Mason Jar Glasses: Use etching cream to personalize glass jars.
- Baked with Love Gift Basket: Create a gift basket filled with baking-related items.
- DIY Etched Wooden Heart Keyrings: Use wood burning tools to create personalized wooden keychains.
- DIY Candy Box: Fill a craft box with different candies, adding heart shapes and sticking to a red and pink theme.
- DIY Valentine's Day Heart Dog Scarf: Create an adorable dog scarf using iron-on heat transfer vinyl.
- I Like You a Bunchie, so Here's a Scrunchie Valentine: Print labels for scrunchies with cute and funny messages.
- Printable Valentine's Candy Huggers: Make candy huggers using printable templates and cardstock.
- Love You to Pieces DIY Valentine Wreath: Create a wreath using puzzle pieces and a love-themed message.
- Valentine's Day Floating Heart Wall Art: Create wall art using colored card shapes to give the illusion of floating hearts.
- DIY Faux Cross Stitch Socks: Paint hearts on socks using dimensional fabric paints.
- Simple Origami Heart Flower Bouquet: Make origami flowers in her favorite colors.
- DIY Valentine's Lace Throw Blanket: Sew a lace-edged blanket using lace and solid fabrics.
- DIY Glittery Wooden Block Puzzle Valentine: Create a glittery wooden block puzzle using wooden blocks and glitter.
These are just a few examples of the DIY Valentine's Day gift ideas mentioned in the article. Let me know if you would like more information on any specific concept or if there's anything else I can assist you with!